If you’re planning to start a podcast, the time is now.
Podcasts give you the perfect mix of information and entertainment in bite-size chunks. They help you learn, stay entertained, or unwind on the go. Whatever the purpose, podcasts fit right into our busy lives. Podcasts have become increasingly popular over the years, so if you’re planning on starting one, the time is now.
Here’s a list of the essential tools you’ll need to start a great podcast from scratch.
1. Good Microphone The yeti is one of the most advanced and versatile multipattern USB microphones available anywhere. Combining 3 capsules and four different pattern settings, the Yeti is the ultimate tool for creating amazing recordings, directly to your computer. Delivering exceptional sound and performance, the The Blue Yeti can capture anything with clarity and ease unheard of in a USB microphone fav Mic is the Blue Yeti. https://amzn.to/3Gkjzit
2. Pop Filter A pop filter, pop shield or pop screen is a noise protection filter for microphones, typically used in a recording studio. It serves to reduce or eliminate popping sounds caused by the mechanical impact of fast-moving air on the microphone from plosives during recorded speech and singing https://amzn.to/3EzG9Bh
3. Podcast Hosting Account Lybsin is great. My personal fav is Buzzsprout. User-friendly podcast hosting for non-techy people. Launch your podcast today! Simple uploads, free promotional tools, full statistics package, and more! Satisfaction Guaranteed. Host, Promote, and Track. Helpful Support.
Automatic podcast import. https://www.buzzsprout.com/?referrer_id=1803673
4. Multi Platform note taking software Jasper is the AI Content Platform that helps you and your team break through creative blocks to create amazing, original content 10X faster https://www.jasper.ai/
5. Google Calendar With Google Calendar, you can quickly schedule meetings and events and get reminders about upcoming activities, so you always know what’s next. Calendar is designed for teams, so it’s easy to share your schedule with others and create multiple calendars that you and your team can use together.
6. Audacity What is Audacity used for? Audacity is a free, easy-to-use, multi-track audio editor and recorder for Windows, macOS, GNU/Linux and other operating systems. The interface is translated into many languages.
7. Voice typing tool Otter.ai, Riverside.fm, Rev.com, Buzzsprout and You Tube have great transcription services within their platforms. Some Podcasters choose to use Freelancers on Fiverr or Upwork for full transcription services. It all depends on time and budget. Many Podcasters will upload the transcription into a bog and embed the You Tube video, and take some of the transcription and re-purpose them into posts on other social media platforms to be omni present and leverage SEO.
8. Feed Validator How do you validate an RSS feed? To check an RSS feed’s validity, you can use an RSS validator, such as the one at http://feedvalidator.org/
To validate your RSS feed, all you have to do is enter the URL of your feed into the text field and click the Validate button.
9. Graphic Design Software Canva is the best and easiest to use when it comes to graphic design software. Canva is a graphic design software solutions provider that helps users to design presentations, social media graphics, and more with various layouts, images, photo filters, icons and shapes, and fonts. The platform combines a drag-and-drop design tool with a stock library of photographs, illustrations, and imagery. https://www.canva.com/join/ryg-jmp-yxg
10. Live Streaming Platform When you go LIVE on platforms like Facebook LIVE or You Tube LIVE, your followers get a notification, so you get real-time listeners and engagement from your fans! Restream, Streamyard and various other live streaming platforms have become more popular to use recently, where you can easily stream to YouTube, Facebook, Twitch, and other platforms simultaneously. Restream is my personal favorite https://restream.io/join/tlc
Disclaimer: This video may contain affiliate marketing links, that I may receive a commission from.
When you create, record, and start a podcast, you have to get it out there for people to discover and listen to.
If you are considering starting your own Podcast to amplify your voice and messages of impact, I have just launched my Podcasting Profits Secrets Course, that takes you step by step to go from concept to Launch